Monday, February 25, 2013

Biscoff Cookie Truffles

Biscoff Cookie Truffles
{www.somethingquitedomestic.blogspot.com}
Okay, so it's no secret that I love Biscoff Spread. Seriously, that stuff is amazing and addictive. I try and find reasons to use it when I bake because I completely love it. I recently won a case of (8) jars for free during a promotion on the Biscoff Facebook page, so it was fun to think of ways to incorporate it into some of my recipes. I'm usually very conservative in using it because it is kind of expensive, but I love this stuff. But I figured I could use a couple jars just to play around with. Check out some of the other recipes I've used with Biscoff Spread: Biscoff Bars and Biscoff Spiced Cream Frosting for the Butterscotch Spice Cupcakes.

Have you ever tried Oreo cookie truffles? They are one of my favorites. They were my inspiration behind this recipe. What could be better than Biscoff cookies mixed with Biscoff Spread and a little cream cheese and vanilla? Heaven.

I made these for a family party and they were a big hit. The texture is a little more oily than when you make Oreo truffles, so I discovered if you let the mixture sit an hour or so, it gets a little soft. Then make sure they are really chilled before dipping and it works much better. I also dipped these with white chocolate, but they would also taste great dipped in chocolate. I also love the combination of Biscoff and butterscotch, so I drizzled melted butterscotch chips on the top. You can customize it with whatever flavors you prefer.

Here's what you need:
Makes about 25 truffles

- (1) 8.8 oz pkg of Biscoff cookies,
-5 oz cream cheese, room temp
-1/2 C Biscoff Spread
-1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
-pinch of salt

Dipping:
-7 oz. white almond bark (found in the baking isle of most grocery stores)
-3 oz butterscotch chips, separated
- 1 tsp. coconut oil, melted

1. Take Biscoff cookies and put them in a food processor and pulse until they are a fine crumb. Put crumbs in a medium mixing bowl with cream cheese, spread, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and mix  until thoroughly incorporated.

{www.somthingquitedomestic.blogspot.com}

{www.somethingquitequitedomestic.blogspot.com}

2. Take a tablespoon scoop and roll into balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator or freezer for 30-45 minutes until completely chilled.


Biscoff Truffles
{www.somethingquitedomestic.blogspot.com}

3. While truffles are chilling, melt almond bark either in a chocolate melter, double boiler or for a few minutes in the microwave on 50% power, stirring every 15-30 seconds. You may need some extra coconut oil to thin it out if it's too thick for dipping. I prefer using the chocolate melters.

Mmmm. Chocolate.
{www.somethingquitedomestic.blogspot.com}

4. Once truffles are chilled, take a dipping utensil and dip truffles and place back on parchment paper. Continue dipping each truffle.

5. Once all truffles are dipped, place back in refrigerator and melt the remaining 2 oz. of butterscotch chips. Use some coconut oil to thin out chocolate so it's easier to drizzle. Drizzle butterscotch chocolate on top of each truffle. Chill truffles until ready to serve. You can also store them at room temperature in an airtight container.

Biscoffy Goodness
{www.somethingquitedomestic.blogspot.com}




Yummy cookie center
{www.somethingquitedomestic.blogspot.com}


Enjoy and Happy Baking!


Here's the printable recipe.

1 comment: